Morgan Le Fay
Noble Man/Woman
Noble Man/Woman

Number of posts : 836
Registration date : 2007-07-29

PostSubject: Snoop honoured for musical career   Mon Oct 08, 2007 6:59 am

Snoop honoured for musical career

Snoop Dogg performed at the ceremony
Snoop Dogg and Missy Elliot have been honoured at the fourth annual VH1 hip-hop awards show in New York for their musical achievements.
"When I made my first impression it was like a legendary move. I'm just honoured to be here," Snoop Dogg said.

Rap trio Whoudini, music executive Andre Harrell and producer Teddy Riley were also honoured for creating the New Jack Swing sound.

Other stars at the ceremony included LL Cool J, Ne-Yo and Chris Rock.

'Unbelievable'

Fab Five Freddy and Charlie Ahern were also lauded for the groundbreaking movie Wild Style, which was based on break-dancing graffiti rap.

Snoop Dogg told the Associated Press he was proud that previous honouree and rap legend KRS-One knew who he was.

"These are guys that I grew up wanting to be like and learning their words and dreaming and hoping and wishing," he said.

"Now they know who I am and they respect me and they say that my work has put me in the position that I can be commended - it's unbelievable, I can't believe it," he added.

Bow Wow, who performed onstage with Snoop when he was a child, rapped with him again at the ceremony.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Snoop honoured for musical career
Page 1 of 1